4-H and County Fair Objectives
Participation in county fairs is an opportunity and privilege for 4-H members. If 4-Hers choose to participate, they are in effect asking for an adult to give his or her opinion regarding the quality of their exhibit or participation. Having asked for this opinion, they should accept it gracefully and learn from it.
County Fair Objectives
County fairs provide opportunities for 4-Hers to:
- Show what they have learned and accomplished in 4-H to the public.
- Develop project skills.
- Develop responsibility and self-confidence.
- Gain knowledge, counsel and encouragement from judges and others.
- Develop leadership skills by assuming fair responsibilities and working together with others.
- Learn new and better methods.
- Compare their work with a “standard” and with other 4-Hers.
- Receive recognition and learn the importance of being both a good winner and a good loser.
- Share ideas and make friends with other 4-H members.
Objectives of Extension 4-H Youth Program
- To help youth develop knowledge and practical skills in science and technology.
- To stimulate the personal growth and physical, mental and behavioral development of youth.
- To help youth become responsible citizens.
- To develop effective adult and youth leadership.
4-H Member Objectives
- Provide opportunities for self-growth.
- Develop interpersonal communication and cooperation skills.
- Encourage creativity.
- Develop reasoning skills.
- Become sensitive to one’s environment.
- Encourage participation in community service activities.
- Make learning fun.