GOAT AND SHEEP DEPARTMENTS
Goat Project Interview (required)
- Read all rules in section entitled LARGE ANIMAL RULES
- Meat goats may be shown with or without horns. Meat goats are usually shown with horns, but goats without will not be discriminated against. Meat goats may be does or wethers, but no bucks will be shown in Lots 119-125.
- All ages OF LIVESTOCK will be age as of date of Goat Show.
- More than one entry per CLASSES 104-126 may be shown.
- There will be a Goat Showmanship competition in addition to the judging of animal(s).
GOAT EXHIBIT DIVISION
CLASS 100 Goat educational display
CLASS 129 Other related item 1
CLASS 130 Other related item 2
CLASS 131 Other related item 3
GOAT SHOWMANSHIP DIVISION
CLASS 101 Senior
CLASS 102 Junior
CLASS 103 Pre-Junior
DAIRY GOAT DIVISION
CLASS 104 Baby kids, birth to under four months
CLASS 105 Junior kids, four mo. to under eight months
CLASS 106 Senior kids, eight mo. to under 12 months
CLASS107 Senior yearling, dry, under two years
CLASS 108 Breeders trio, three bred junior does
CLASS 109 Produce of dam, two offspring same dam
CLASS 110 Dam and son or daughter
CLASS 111 Three generations
CLASS 112 Dairy herd - does in milk, same breed
CLASS 113 Milker, under two years, cannot be dry
CLASS 114 Milker, two years old, cannot be dry
CLASS 115 Milker, three years old, cannot be dry
CLASS 116 Milker, four years old, cannot be dry
CLASS 117 Milker, five years and older, cannot be dry
CLASS 118 Get of sire - three animals same breed; sire must be named (does, wethers and bucks)
MEAT GOAT DIVISION
CLASS 119 Baby kids under four months
CLASS 120 Junior kids, four mos to under eight mos
CLASS 121 Senior kids, eight mos to under 12 mos
CLASS 122 12 mos to under two years
CLASS 123 Two years to under three years
CLASS 124 Three years to under five years
CLASS 125 Five years and over
MARKET GOAT DIVISION
CLASS 126 Market goat, any meat breed, 70 to 110 lbs (Underweight animals will be placed in a feeder class)
CLASS 127 Pen of three market goats, 70 to 110 lbs
OTHER GOAT DIVISION
CLASS 128 Any goat other than Dairy or Meat
Market Sheep AND Breeding Project Interviews (required)
- Read all LARGE ANIMAL RULES.
- All sheep must have Scrapie tags at fair.
- All lambs must be sheared prior to weigh-ins on Wednesday of fair.
- 4-H lambs can NOT wear any type of muzzle during the exhibit hours of 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Muzzles may be put back on after 10 p.m. Fair Board members, Livestock Committee members and Barn Superintendents are not responsible for any accidents while the muzzle is on or off.
- Exhibitor number should be worn on back of exhibitor.
SHEEP EXHIBIT DIVISON
CLASS 100 Market Sheep educational display
CLASS 101 Breeding sheep educational display
CLASS 102 Breeding sheep educational poster
CLASS 103 Breeding sheep educational display on grooming
CLASS 104 Breeding sheep educational display on feed
CLASS 119 Other related item 1
CLASS 120 Other related item 2
CLASS 121 Other related item 3
SHEEP SHOWMANSHIP DIVISON
CLASS 105 Senior
CLASS 106 Junior
CLASS 107 Pre-Junior
MARKET SHEEP DIVISION
CLASS 108 Market Ewe/Wether 100 lbs. - 145 lbs
(Underweight animals will be placed in a feeder class.)
CLASS 109 Pen of three lambs 100 lbs - 145 lbs
SHEEP BREEDING DIVISION
- Read all LARGE ANIMAL RULES.
- It is encouraged that all rams be registered with their respective breed association.
- All Sheep Breeding animals will be shown at judge’s discretion, either in pen or at halter.
CLASS 110 Ewe lamb, born during current calendar year
CLASS 111 Wether lamb, born during current calendar year
CLASS 112 Yearling ewe, born between January and December of the prior calendar year
CLASS 113 Two year old ewe or older
CLASS 114 Yearling Ewe, with lamb or lambs at side
CLASS 115 Two year old ewe with lamb or lambs at side
CLASS 116 Three year old ewe with lamb or lambs at side
CLASS 117 Ram lamb, born during current calendar year
CLASS 118 One year old ram or older
- All fleece entries must be a whole fleece. Fleeces are judged in the sheep barn.
CLASS 116 White-face fleece (no grade on entry tag, same as open-exhibit)
CLASS 117 Black-face and black-face cross (no grade on entry tag, same as open-exhibit)
CLASS 118 Other non-wool fibers