Beef Exhibit Division
CLASS 100 Market Beef educational display
CLASS 101 Breeding educational display
CLASS 102 Dairy educational display
CLASS 103 Other related item 1
CLASS 104 Other related item 2
CLASS 105 Other related item 3
MARKET BEEF DIVISION
Market Beef Project Interview (required)
- Read all LARGE ANIMAL RULES and CATTLE RULES.
- All market steers must be dehorned by or during weigh-in time in December. Horned market steers will not be allowed at the fair.
- All animals must have been born after January 1 of the prior year.
- A 4-Her showing a market beef animal must be ten years of age as of October 1 of current 4-H year.
- Exhibitor number should be worn on back of exhibitor.
CLASS 105 Senior
CLASS 106 Junior
CLASS 107 Pre-Junior
CLASS 108 Finished steer, any breed, 1,100 lbs minimum - 1,500 lbs maximum weight
(Underweight animals will be placed in a feeder class.)
CLASS 109 Pen of three finished steers, 1,100 lbs min. to 1,500 lbs max. Only 1 of the 3 can be sold.
CLASS 110 Spayed heifer, any beef breed
CLASS 111 Pen of three or five spayed heifers, any breed
BEEF BREEDING DIVISION
Beef Breeding Project Interview (required)
- Read all rules in sections entitled LARGE ANIMAL and CATTLE RULES.
- Age limits of livestock are as of July 1, current year.
- It is encouraged that all bulls be registered within their respective breed associations.
- A 4-Her showing a breeding beef animal must be ten years of age as of October 1 of current 4-H year.
- More than one entry per lot number may be shown.
- All breeding stock must be identifiable with 4-H Clover tattoo, Association Registration tattoo number, Bangs tag, or Scrapie tag through local Extension office by the official hog weigh-in deadline each year. If no identifiable tattoo or tag is available, a picture may be submitted instead. The 4-H'er needs to have full possession of their project animal at this time.
CLASS 109 Heifer calf, born during current calendar year
CLASS 110 Feeder steer calf, born during current calendar year
CLASS 111 Yearling heifer, born between January and December of the prior calendar year
CLASS 112 Two year old cow with calf at side
CLASS 113 Three year old cow or older with calf at side
CLASS 114 Bull calf born during current calendar year
CLASS 115 Yearling bull, between January and December of the prior calendar year
CLASS 116 Two year old bull or older
DAIRY CATTLE DIVISION
Dairy Cattle Project Interview (required)
- Read all rules in sections entitled LARGE ANIMAL and CATTLE RULES. (See rules in the back)
- All dairy stock must be tattooed with 4-H Clover or Association Registration tattoo number through local Extension office by hog weigh-in deadline. Dairy projects will begin at the same time beef projects begin (i.e. first week of December). The 4-Her needs to have full possession of their project animal at this time, or in the case of an unborn dairy calf have possession of the project calf's dam.
CLASS 119 Bull, under one year
CLASS 120 Heifer calf, born during current calendar year
CLASS 121 Yearling heifer, born between January and December of the prior calendar year
CLASS 122 Two year old cow or older
CLASS 123 Dam/daughter class
CLASS 124 Three generations
DAIRY CATTLE SHOWMANSHIP
CLASS 116 Senior
CLASS 117 Junior
CLASS 118 Pre-Junior